Patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their library cards. If a card is lost or stolen, advise the library immediately so that the card may be blocked. If items charged out to a patron are lost, damaged or destroyed, the patron must pay the cost of the item plus a processing charge and any applicable late fees. Refunds will not be issued if the lost material is found after payment.
|Material Type||Borrowing Period||Renewal Policy||Borrowing Limits|
|New Books||2 Weeks||1 renewal permitted if there are no reserves on the item(s)||5|
|Battle of the Books||1 Week||No Renewals||1|
|All other circulating books & magazines||3 Weeks||1 renewal permitted if there are no reserves on the item(s)||25 (Max. of 3 per subject (based on a 5-digit Dewey Decimal Number)|
|DVDs with a running time of fewer than 3 hours||5 Days||No Renewals||3|
|DVDs with a running time of 3 hours or more, TV series, & instructional titles||2 Weeks||No Renewals||1|
(Cassette, CD, or Playaway)
|3 Weeks||1 Renewal||5|
|Music CDs||1 Week||1 Renewal||5|
|Reference Books and New Magazines (latest issue)||Non-circulating||n/a||n/a|
|Interlibrary Loan Material (via JerseyCat)||3 Weeks||Renewals will be granted based on the approval of the lending library. Renewal requests need to be submitted one week prior to the due date.||5|
Please keep the following in mind:
- *Materials that are eligible for renewal and not overdue may be renewed by phone: 732-727-0212 ex. 3.
- *Outside bookdrops are only open when the library is closed. When the library is open, materials must be returned inside. All library materials (books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks) can be left in the bookdrop.
- *Materials returned in the outside bookdrops after closing, but before opening the next day, will be considered to have been returned before closing.
- *When the library is open, always put any items you're returning in the inside bookdrop before making your new selection.
Residents of the Borough of Sayreville may join the library free of charge.
Non-residents may purchase an out-of-town borrower's card for $60.00 per year.
Note: Many local libraries participate in a network that provides reciprocal borrowing privileges between libraries. So even though you may not be a resident of Sayreville, you may be permitted to borrow materials if you have an account in good standing with your hometown library. Check with the circulation desk for details and to see if your library participates.
|Overdue: DVD||$2.00 per item per library day|
|Overdue: Standard Interlibrary Loan Item||$1.00 per item per library day|
|Overdue: All other books & magazines||20 cents per item per library day|
|Lost Barcode or case||$3.00|
|Lost DVD Sleeve or DVD Insert||$5.00|
|Lost Library Material (Sayreville item)||Cost of material + $5.00 processing fee|
|Lost JerseyCat Item||Price determined by lending library|
|Lost Interlibrary Loan Item||Price determined by lending library|
|Lost Interlibrary Loan Insert Card w/ Barcode||$5.00 per card|
|Lost Library Card Replacement||$3.00|
|Video Rentals Issued by Sayreville Patrons Exceeding the Maximum Allotment of three 5-day DVDs and one 14-day DVD||$2.00 per extra item|
|Video Rentals by Out-of-Town Borrowers||$2.00 per rental|
|Temporary Borrowing Card (For patrons who have forgotten their card, but are registered in the system)||FREE 3 times within a 1 year period|
|Non-resident Borrower's Card||$60.00 per year|
|Photocopies||10 cents a page|
|Holds not picked up||$1.00 per item not picked up|
|Computer Printing||Black and White:10 cents a page; Color: 25 cents a page|
|Sale items||Hardcover books: $1.00
Paperbacks: 50 cents
Videos/CDs: $1.00 each
Please keep the following in mind:
- *Patrons have access to full library card privileges with a fine balance of up to $4.99
- *Fine balance of $5.00 or more: Patrons are considered to be blocked. Privileges are revoked until the fine balance is $4.99 or less.
- *Lost and Damaged Items: Patrons must pay a library-determined replacement price plus a processing fee of $5.00 per item lost. Substitute items will NOT be accepted in lieu of lost or damaged items.